gnupic: Thread: gpsim and usart module

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: gpsim and usart module
From: Fabien Marchewka ####@####.####
Date: 14 Mar 2004 21:08:45 +0000

Hi,
can someone can give me an example using the usart module ?
I want to simulate GPS string like this :
$GPRMC,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxxx
thanks for your help
Subject: Re: gpsim and usart module
From: Scott Dattalo ####@####.####
Date: 14 Mar 2004 21:23:34 +0000

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, Fabien Marchewka wrote:

> Hi,
> can someone can give me an example using the usart module ?
> I want to simulate GPS string like this :
> $GPRMC,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxxx
> thanks for your help

The usart module really isn't too useful at the moment. Instead, I'd
recommend using rs232-gen, which resides in the extras/ directory. This is
a utility that will create an asynchronous stimulus with the proper timing
for an rs-232 line.

Scott

> On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, Fabien Marchewka wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>can someone can give me an example using the usart module ?
>>I want to simulate GPS string like this :
>>$GPRMC,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxxx
>>thanks for your help
>

> The usart module really isn't too useful at the moment. Instead, I'd
> recommend using rs232-gen, which resides in the extras/ directory. This is
> a utility that will create an asynchronous stimulus with the proper timing
> for an rs-232 line.

ok for generating the stimulus, my program send data too, and how can I
have an output readble for a human (eg : ascii ou hex output).
Thanks for your help.
Another question :
what about support for interrupt, timer, ... in gpal ?