gnupic: Thread: gpsim without gui :-(

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: gpsim without gui :-(
From: Peter Onion ####@####.####
Date: 25 Jan 2004 20:40:40 -0000

I know work is being done to get gpsim to build on upto date gtk+,
so in the mean time I thought I would use it from the command line.

>From the INSTALL file....

2.0 HOW TO BUILD gpsim WITHOUT THE GUI
    ----------------------------------

Repeat steps 1,2, and 3 from above.

4) ./configure --disable-gui

However.....

configure: error: Cannot find glib-config: glib is needed even for
non-gui version.

This is rather annoying if the reason you are building it without the
GUI is because of the dependency on out of date gtk+

So I'm still stuck :-(

Peter.

> I know work is being done to get gpsim to build on upto date gtk+,
> so in the mean time I thought I would use it from the command line.

The code in CVS compiles and runs with gtk versions 1.2 through 2.0.

Scott