gnupic: Thread: Re: pic pong with gpsim

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: pic pong with gpsim
From: Ralf Forsberg ####@####.####
Date: 14 Mar 2003 17:41:31 -0000

On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 12:59:01PM -0400, Daniel Serpell wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 08:06:11PM +0100, Ralf Forsberg wrote:
> >
> > However, I'm having problems differentiating between the vertical sync
> > pulses for field0 and 1. Need that to get the interlazing layers on the
> > right place.
>
> Count the number of equalization pulses (eq. pulses are at
> twice the H freq) after VB.
> ->Even number of pulses -> even frame
> ->Odd number of pulses -> odd frame.

I do almost exactly that now, only I compare the number of pulses with
the number in the last frameand guess that the one with more pulses
is 'first' frame. Is that the same thing, or would it be better to
compare odd/even?

> This will work for NTSC too.

I tried my version on the ntsc pong game and that worked too.
It's now also in cvs.

 / Ralf

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 08:06:11PM +0100, Ralf Forsberg wrote:

> However, I'm having problems differentiating between the vertical sync
> pulses for field0 and 1. Need that to get the interlazing layers on the
> right place.

Count the number of equalization pulses (eq. pulses are at
twice the H freq) after VB.
->Even number of pulses -> even frame
->Odd number of pulses -> odd frame.

This will work for NTSC too.