gnupic: Thread: Minicom and testing hardware

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Minicom and testing hardware
From: WaynePatterson ####@####.####
Date: 30 Jan 2004 20:40:59 -0000

I'm needing some help in the communications area.
Is there a site that explains how to set minicom to talk to a pic? I
have found tons of stuff for modems and the like but nothing for a pic.
Also could I put a jumper from the tx to the rx and know if the hardware
is correct up to the pic?
I really need some help.
Thanks,
wayne

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 01:44:54PM -0600, WaynePatterson wrote:
> I'm needing some help in the communications area.
> Is there a site that explains how to set minicom to talk to a pic?

Simple:

1) Do a ^AO to go to the config page.
2) Select serial port setup.
3) Set bit rate and parity (8N1 most likely)
4) Turn off hardware flow control
5) Turn off software flow control
6) Save the config (you need to be root to do this)

That's it. After that you should have direct access to the pic.

> have found tons of stuff for modems and the like but nothing for a pic.

See above.

> Also could I put a jumper from the tx to the rx and know if the hardware
> is correct up to the pic?

Yup.

> I really need some help.

That should do it.