gnupic: Thread: Re: [gpsim-devel] Re: gpsim-0.21.2 & lcd-0.2.1

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: [gpsim-devel] Re: gpsim-0.21.2 & lcd-0.2.1
From: Scott Dattalo ####@####.####
Date: 9 Feb 2004 04:51:38 -0000

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004, Mikey Sklar wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Feb 2004, Scott Dattalo wrote:
> > (MAC users: I did not apply the fink patch. If one of you can kindly see
> > if this patch still applies, I'll go ahead and make the changes permanent
> > in gpsim. BTW, I'm starting to use '0' instead of NULL for pointer
> > assignments and it works just fine on Linux.)
>
> Some MAC OS/X comments.
>
> I built a new fink package for gpsim-0.21.2, and plan on submitting it
> today to the fink folks.

Great!

> I still needed to patch in order to build. The old patch no longer applies
> cleanly, and I created a new one.
>
> Updated gpsim.info and gpsim.patch are on my site for now.
>
> http://screwdecaf.cx/tools

I looked at the patch file, but I think something's not right. This patch
only changes NULL to 0 for the files in gpsim's src/ directory. It doesn't
do the same in the gui/, cli/, or gpsim/ directories.

> The led, logic, and lcd modules were not originally included, but I
> started looking into having fink build those add-on modules as well.

The LCD is distributed separately from gpsim. However, the logic and LED
modules are part of the gpsim package. So there probably isn't any extra
fink stuff that you need to do to these (assuming that the fink patch
applies to all of the source code in the gpsim tar ball). Even though the
LED and logic modules are part of the gpsim package, I'm pretty sure
they're broken at the moment. I promised Ralf I'd fix these last week -
but I lied. Sorry Ralf :). They're on my list.

> The stopwatch feature within gpsim still crashes on me even with 0.21.2.
> Here is what CrashReport had to say. I snipped out a few hundred
> repeating lines.

I examined the source that this trace dump refers to and I can't see
anything out of the ordinary. At what point does the crash occur: at gpsim
start up, when the stop watch window is opened, when it is closed,
whenever the simulation is started, or at some other point? Also, have you
tried deleting the gpsim configuration file in your home directory:

  rm ~/.gpsim

Scott

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004, Scott Dattalo wrote:
> I looked at the patch file, but I think something's not right. This patch
> only changes NULL to 0 for the files in gpsim's src/ directory. It doesn't
> do the same in the gui/, cli/, or gpsim/ directories.

The src directory is the only one I needed to patch to get gpsim to build.
If you are implying this is a bad idea, I'll make sure and change my patch
to apply through out the whole project.

> The LCD is distributed separately from gpsim. However, the logic and LED
> modules are part of the gpsim package. So there probably isn't any extra
> fink stuff that you need to do to these (assuming that the fink patch
> applies to all of the source code in the gpsim tar ball). Even though the
> LED and logic modules are part of the gpsim package, I'm pretty sure
> they're broken at the moment. I promised Ralf I'd fix these last week -
> but I lied. Sorry Ralf :). They're on my list.

Okay, I'll ignore all three for now.

> I examined the source that this trace dump refers to and I can't see
> anything out of the ordinary. At what point does the crash occur: at gpsim
> start up, when the stop watch window is opened, when it is closed,
> whenever the simulation is started, or at some other point? Also, have you
> tried deleting the gpsim configuration file in your home directory:
>
>   rm ~/.gpsim

Nope, I have not removed my old ~/.gpsim, so I'll give that a try.
On Sun, 8 Feb 2004, Scott Dattalo wrote:
> I looked at the patch file, but I think something's not right. This patch
> only changes NULL to 0 for the files in gpsim's src/ directory. It doesn't
> do the same in the gui/, cli/, or gpsim/ directories.

I have created a new patch which updates those directories as well. I've
also made considerable changes to the fink gpsim.info file for
submission purposes.

> I examined the source that this trace dump refers to and I can't see
> anything out of the ordinary. At what point does the crash occur: at gpsim
> start up, when the stop watch window is opened, when it is closed,
> whenever the simulation is started, or at some other point? Also, have you
> tried deleting the gpsim configuration file in your home directory:
>
>   rm ~/.gpsim

The crash occurs only when I open the stop watch window. Otherwise gpsim
works fine. I've tried deleting the .gpsim in my homedir, but still I
get a crashing stop watch window.