gnupic: Thread: [gpsim] 18F "Program Memory" Display Problem

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: [gpsim] 18F "Program Memory" Display Problem
From: Robert James Kaes ####@####.####
Date: 16 Feb 2004 20:59:59 -0000

Hi,
I checked out and compiled the latest CVS code for gpsim.  The version
number is 0.21.2.  When I try to simulate a 18F part (specifically, an
18c252), the "program memory" is not displaying the code correctly.
It's jumping two address locations, rather than just one per cycle.
The CLI is doing the right thing though, so I believe the problem is
just with the GUI display code.

For example, I have the following asm:

	org	0
	goto	init

	org	20h
init:
	clrf	STATUS

The code assmbles to:

0000           00017         org 0
0000 EF10 F000 00018         goto    init
               00019
0020           00020         org 20h
0020           00021 init:
0020 6AD8      00022         clrf    STATUS

However, the GUI is showing:

0x0000	0xfe10	goto	0x0010
0x0001	0xf000	nop

0x0010	0x6ad8	clrf	status

However, when you do a RESET and then do a "step", the simulator jumps
to 0x0020 in the "program memory" display.  As I mentioned, the CLI
appears to be working correctly.  It display the correct code.

I hope this helps.  Let me know if you need more information.
	-- Robert

--
    Robert James Kaes    ---  Flarenet Inc.  ---    (519) 426-3782
		 http://www.flarenet.com/consulting/