gnupic: Thread: Band gap info

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Band gap info
From: Jeff ####@####.####
Date: 21 Jun 2004 01:39:08 +0100

Hi, all.

It seems that some PIC chips (12f629/675, 16f630/676) have two bits of the
configuration word dedicated to a factory programmed 'band gap'. MPLAB saves
these bits and restores them after doing a flash erase. I'm planning on doing
the same with the next release of picp, but it would take a large chunk of
time (which is always in short supply) to go through every pdf datasheet to
see for which PIC chips this applies.

If you have knowledge of PIC chips other than the ones I mentioned that have
band gap bits in the config register, could you please let me know which ones?

Thanks for any info,
Jeff