gnupic: Thread: pikdev

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: pikdev
From: Gary Stage ####@####.####
Date: 8 Aug 2004 18:22:14 +0100

Hi

I am new to programming Pic microcontrollers, though not new to Linux, and I
am having some problems getting pikdev to work with my programmer.  I have
tried two so far (Myke Predko's "El Cheapo" as well as a Tait variant.)  With
both programmers I get different errors including

user id error
config fuses error
program memory error

I dont always get the same error twice in a row, sometimes 1, 2, or all three
at once.  Another problem that I have is that i cannot erase the Pic
(16c64a).  It generates an "incompat op error".

The last problem that I have is that I can read the Pic but I cannot verify
it.  Is the 16C64A not auto detectible?

I know that these questions all have really simple answers but I am clueless
were to go from here.  I have been playing with this for over a week now and
have made very little headway.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Gary Stage