gnupic: Thread: Re: [gnupic] gpsim: Cannot run examples

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: [gnupic] gpsim: Cannot run examples
From: "Scott Dattalo" ####@####.####
Date: 1 Nov 2005 15:01:02 +0000

On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 14:45 +0200, Olli Vertanen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed some time ago gpsim and gputils packets.  Now I'm trying to
> learn how to use the sw. I tried to run the simulations in the examples
> directory and bumped right into problems (example here is digital_stim).

Olli,

This is my fault --- I haven't maintained the examples and the bit rot is
starting to show. I probably should just remove them all and start adding
the back when they work again. Meanwhile, let me point you to few other
places.

If you checked the code out of CVS then you'll have a directory called
regression/ . The code in this directory contains several regression
tests. These are small programs that exercise various aspects of the
simulator. They also serve as examples of how stimuli can be created. In
particular, you may wish to check out how a stimulus is created in the
regression/digital_stim/ regression test:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/gpsim/regression/digital_stim/digital_stim.stc?rev=1.3&view=log

The LCD module contains a configuration script. This is a complete project
and may help give you an idea on how to set things up.

Also, please don't hesitate to ask questions.

Scott