gnupic: Thread: Re: [gnupic] sdcc and USB

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: [gnupic] sdcc and USB
From: Julian Green ####@####.####
Date: 3 Nov 2005 18:37:07 +0000

I have ported the code to sdcc for the microchip application note (cant
remember the name) for porting application from rs232 to USB by
implementing a serial port over USB.  No idea if it works, as I cant
program the 2550 chip yet.  Willing to post what I have to the list if
people are interested.

Julian

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005, Easy B wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> I'm planning to start programming my new 18F2550 USB PIC with sdcc.
> I'm aware of the examples from microchip and other work based on
> them, but I never found any  code specially for sdcc. Now I'm
> wondering if anybody ported the examples or has some other USB code
> that compiles with sdcc. Or do I have to start from scratch? I know
> that a few guys like Xiao Fan own USB PICs and also use sdcc. I
> really don't want to start programming the 18f parts in assembly,
> everybody is shouting that sdcc works for PICs, especially 18f ones,
> so I want to try that.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Cheers,
> Ezra.

Cool, I definitely would be interested. I can program 18f2550s, now
that I got a working wisp628 setup ;) Haven't you got a website or
something? If no, I could host.

Cheers,
Ezra.

Am 03.11.2005 um 19:40 schrieb Julian Green:

> I have ported the code to sdcc for the microchip application note
> (cant
> remember the name) for porting application from rs232 to USB by
> implementing a serial port over USB.  No idea if it works, as I cant
> program the 2550 chip yet.  Willing to post what I have to the list if
> people are interested.
>
> Julian
>
> On Thu, 3 Nov 2005, Easy B wrote:
>
>> Hi guys
>>
>> I'm planning to start programming my new 18F2550 USB PIC with sdcc.
>> I'm aware of the examples from microchip and other work based on
>> them, but I never found any  code specially for sdcc. Now I'm
>> wondering if anybody ported the examples or has some other USB code
>> that compiles with sdcc. Or do I have to start from scratch? I know
>> that a few guys like Xiao Fan own USB PICs and also use sdcc. I
>> really don't want to start programming the 18f parts in assembly,
>> everybody is shouting that sdcc works for PICs, especially 18f ones,
>> so I want to try that.
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Ezra.

ok ill tar it up and send to you then you can host it.   Please allow me
24 hours to get home.

Julian

Am 03.11.2005 um 20:46 schrieb Julian Green:

> ok ill tar it up and send to you then you can host it.   Please
> allow me
> 24 hours to get home.
>
> Julian
>
> On Thu, 3 Nov 2005, Easy B wrote:
>
>> Cool, I definitely would be interested. I can program 18f2550s, now
>> that I got a working wisp628 setup ;) Haven't you got a website or
>> something? If no, I could host.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Ezra.
>>
>> Am 03.11.2005 um 19:40 schrieb Julian Green:
>>
>>> I have ported the code to sdcc for the microchip application note
>>> (cant
>>> remember the name) for porting application from rs232 to USB by
>>> implementing a serial port over USB.  No idea if it works, as I cant
>>> program the 2550 chip yet.  Willing to post what I have to the
>>> list if
>>> people are interested.
>>>
>>> Julian

I am a beginner of SDCC and 18F USB as well.

In the SDCC list, Beau E. Cox has mentioned that he will soon finish
the SDCC CDC port for 18F USB. He is working on the AllPICs project
to support most of PICs (PIC16F and PIC18F) with SDCC.

Regards,
Xiaofan

Nice to here that there's work going on. I've read about the allpics
thing, very cool. I'm looking forward to doing some C programming soon.
Thanx for your effort.

Cheers,
Ezra.