gnupic: Thread: [gnupic] Pickit 2 under Linux

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 2 [>] [>>]
Subject: [gnupic] Pickit 2 under Linux
From: Chen Xiao Fan ####@####.####
Date: 28 Aug 2005 09:19:09 +0100

I will report my progress in Microchip Forum section
regarding the PICkit 2 support under Linux.

It is not fully working yet. Now programming a 12F629 is
okay under Linux and Windows but to read out cause
segmentation fault under Linux and cause PICkit
2 not to be recognized by Linux/Windows without reboot.
So please do not use it yet.

Inside the zip archive, there is a firmware update file
named PK2V010003. It is necessary for Linux version.
We have not implemented the firmware update function yet
so the firmware update will have to be under Windows with
Microchip's PICkit 2 application.

The API for PICkit 1 and PICkit 2 are there as well.

I have also compiled it under WinXP SP2 and Ubuntu Linux
5.04 using GCC/MingW and libusb/libusb-win32 version 0.1.10.1.

For those who are interested, please go to Microchip Forum
USB section. The URL is as following.
http://forum.microchip.com/tm.asp?m=110205

Regards,
Xiaofan