gnupic: Thread: MPLAB ICD2 under Linux

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: MPLAB ICD2 under Linux
From: Xiaofan Chen ####@####.####
Date: 30 Nov 2005 11:01:30 +0000

Hope this is interesting to both lists.

http://forum.microchip.com/tm.asp?m=125019
http://www.hcilab.org/resources/particles/particles-linux-mplab-howto.htm
http://www.hcilab.org/resources/download/icd2prog-0.1.tar.gz

Regards,
Xiaofan

From the site:
http://www.hcilab.org/resources/particles/particles-linux-mplab-howto.htm
Particle Programming using the MPLAB ICD2 with Linux
Please see our Particle How-To page for an overview as well.

The MPLAB ICD2 can be used with Linux! The original files our code
heavily bases on use the LPLAB code from
http://www.landamore.com/pic.html.

Though, the LPLAB code was not working for our PIC18F6720 from
Microchip, due to problems with parsing the compiled HEX files, the
communication with the serial port as well as the communication
protocoll which relied on an old and hard-to-get MPLAB ICD2 firmware.

Our version works with the MPLAB ICD2 firmware supplied with
Microchip's MPLAB 7.21, but should work with any firmware versions.
The MPLAB ICD2 is connected to the computer using the serial port, or,
preferred, the USB port.

Currently, we can

set the configuration bits
download HEX files generated with the CCSC C compiler and
program Particles with it
verifiy the downloaded code
use USB or serial connection
The tool currently provides a command line interfaces. We currently
provide the raw sources which so far have been tested with Debian and
Gentoo Linux.

If you have questions on the ICD2 programmer code for Linux, please
contact us at icd2linux @ hcilab.org
I'd like to make you aware that I just released a new version of
piklab (cf http://piklab.sourceforge.net ) that supports ICD2
programmer both with serial and USB port.
I'd love to have feedback !!!

Regards,
Nicolas