gnupic: Thread: problems installing piklab

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: problems installing piklab
From: "Jay Dagenais" ####@####.####
Date: 18 Feb 2006 21:14:53 +0000

I am trying to get piclab installed under a dual boot system running both
winxp and suse9.2. I downloaded gputils no problem, but the piklab needs
additional programs before it can be installed, which I am having a hard
time finding. I have tried google already last night but only got a coupld
of hits, one which seemed rather large. How big are these programs? and
where can I find a sound copy of each, please! libaudio.so.2,
libstdc++.so.6, libstdc++.so.6(glibcxx_3.4). The first I couldn't find
alone, it seemed to be a part of a larger peice of software, and the other
two were rather large files which would have taken a long time to download
wirelessly, so I didn't yet. Am I right that the piklab is the gnu equiv to
mplab? Thanks in advance! Oh yeah, one last problem here, I am trying to
download firmware into a PIC so I can build an ICD2, but am having a hard
time with choosing a programmer to build for the loading of the firmware
into the PIC16F8xx. The main issue being that I have only a laptop running
right now, and have read that the JDM versions do not work the USB to RS232
converters nor the power levels issued from the laptops serial port even if
it did have one! Is there any work around for this one, or should I be
choosing a different programmer for loading this one chip!!?? Help?

Take charge with a pop-up guard built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen
Technology.
first two months FREE*.