gnupic: Thread: Re: [gnupic] Debian templates for dsPIC build toolchain 2.01

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: RE: [gnupic] Debian templates for dsPIC build toolchain 2.01
From: "Chen Xiao Fan" ####@####.####
Date: 22 Feb 2006 02:20:00 +0000

Thanks. The make rule file is quite nice. Slight modification will make
it work with pic30-coff as well (just change elf to cof where applicable).
It is also working under Windows with minor modifications...

Just one question, if the code needs to link to other libraries
(eg: the example code CE019_PIC needs dsp library libdsp-elf.a or
libdsp-coff.a), what should I do in the Makefile without changing
the rule file pic30-rules.mk? Sorry I am not so good at writing
Makefile.

Regards,
Xiaofan
> Attached to this email are the templates needed to build debs for GCC and
> Binutils corresponding to Microchip's version 2.01 toolchain.
>
> There is not much changed in this release. The main thing which is of more
> general interest is a set of general rules for GNU make. This ruleset is
> not from Microchip, but was written by me. The file is in the tarball as
> pic30-debian-2.01/pic30-support-2.01/pic30-rules.mk. They allow small
> makefiles to be written like so:
>
> DSPIC := 30f3013
> PROJECT := blinkenlight
> OBJS := main.o foo.o bar.o
> include /usr/share/pic30-support/pic30-rules.mk
>
> Implicit rules are used to create object files from C or Assembler as
> necessary.

By the way, Nicolas has put the repackaged source files (with John's
patches) and building instructions in piklab website:
http://piklab.sourceforge.net/download.php.

Regards,
Xiaofan