gnupic: Thread: Re: [gnupic] Olimex PG2C programmer

[<<] [<] Page 2 of 2 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: [gnupic] Olimex PG2C programmer
From: Wayne Topa ####@####.####
Date: 1 Apr 2006 15:49:38 +0100

John ####@####.#### is reported to have said:
> I don't recall doing anything "special".  Here are my settings on the
> Programmer configuration panel:
> Serial /dev/ttyS1
> Vpp pin3
> Vdd pin5
> Clock pin7
> Data in pin8
> Data out pin4
> Data R/W pin5
> Clock delay 20
>
> That's it...no inverted options checked, etc...  I think these correspond to
> selecting JDM Class (delay 20) from the drop down.
>
> Make sure you've selected the proper serial port.  Oh, and the other thing I
> found I had to do was chmod 777 /dev/ttyS1 as root to give normal users
> write privileges to the serial port.
>
> Hope this helps.

Thanks John, it sure did.  I had tried "JDM Class (delay 20)" but had
forgotten to try it as root!  I have the group privilege set so was
trying as a user in that group.  Just tried as root and all is well.

Many Thanks!

Wayne

--
Every program has two purposes -- one for which it was written and
another for which it wasn't.