gnupic: Thread: Re: [gnupic] Dodgy addresses in LST xref of COD files

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: [gnupic] Dodgy addresses in LST xref of COD files
From: Robert Pearce ####@####.####
Date: 25 Apr 2006 09:00:51 +0100

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006, Robert Pearce ####@####.#### wrote :

>What I find is that for _some_ of these cases, when linked, the
>generated COD file declares some lines wrongly in the list file
>cross-reference.

OK, I fetched the source and had a grub around. Here is a patch that
fixes this. I've checked it produces identical .hex .map and .lst files,
and the only .cod difference is that the addresses are now right.

--
Rob Pearce                       http://www.bdt-home.demon.co.uk

The contents of this | Everyone wants results, but no one is willing to do
message are purely   | what it takes to get them.
my opinion. Don't    |  -- Dirty Harry
believe a word.      |

[Content type application/octet-stream not shown. Download]
>> What I find is that for _some_ of these cases, when linked, the
>> generated COD file declares some lines wrongly in the list file
>> cross-reference.
>

> OK, I fetched the source and had a grub around. Here is a patch that
> fixes this. I've checked it produces identical .hex .map and .lst files,
> and the only .cod difference is that the addresses are now right.

Hi Robert,

I'm not sure if Craig has seen this message or not. But if we don't hear
from him by this weekend, then I'll commit your patch to gputils.

Scott
> I'm not sure if Craig has seen this message or not. But if we don't hear
> from him by this weekend, then I'll commit your patch to gputils.

Well, 'this weekend' is here and I haven't heard from Craig.
Unfortunately, CVS is *still* down. It's only been a month, so I guess I
shouldn't complain... Sigh.

Anyway, I can't commit your patch Robert.

Maybe gputils should move over to SVN too?

Scott
> Well, 'this weekend' is here and I haven't heard from Craig.
> Unfortunately, CVS is *still* down. It's only been a month, so I guess I
> shouldn't complain... Sigh.
>
> Anyway, I can't commit your patch Robert.
>
> Maybe gputils should move over to SVN too?

I did the move for Piklab and never looked back. SVN makes it much
easier to move, rename and copy files or directories and on
sourceforge, anonymous svn and web svn are synchronized with
developper svn... so much better.

Nicolas