gnupic: Thread: GCC port for PIC

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: GCC port for PIC
From: "Colm O' Flaherty" ####@####.####
Date: 4 Apr 2006 15:48:04 +0100

I just found out that there is an existing port of GCC for PIC.  Here is the
contents of the mail I sent to the gcc mail list.. It may be of interest
here as well...

<GCC-MAIL>
It seems that there is already a PIC port for gcc.. in the form of
Microchips own MPLAB C30 compiler.. I didn't realise this (and google
certainly didn't tell me) until I had started on the PIC14 port for gcc, and
went to the Microchip website for some info, and searched on "C compiler"
and then "gcc" out of curiosity... lo and behold, the source code for their
port.. (based on gcc 3.3, it seems).

It supports "Microchip 16-bit devices: PIC24, dsPIC30F and dsPIC33F"

Microchip sells MPLAB C30 as a commercial product. On the "Buy It now" page,
they have a link to the source code though, so I grabbed a copy... :)

(Part Number: SW006012 - MPLAB C30 C Compiler for dsPIC30/33, PIC24: (GBP) £
513 )

Colm
</GCC-MAIL>