gnupic: Thread: Re: [gnupic] GCC port for PIC

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 2 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: [gnupic] GCC port for PIC
From: Dan Andersson ####@####.####
Date: 4 Apr 2006 15:54:07 +0100

Cool!

I hope that finally means that I can start writing PIC programs in the trusty
old Fortran77 !!!!!!!!

Yippeee!

Cheers

Dan / M0DFI

From: "Xiaofan Chen" ####@####.####
Date: 4 Apr 2006 15:58:01 +0100

On 4/4/06, Colm O' Flaherty ####@####.#### wrote:

> It seems that there is already a PIC port for gcc.. in the form of
> Microchips own MPLAB C30 compiler.. I didn't realise this (and google
> certainly didn't tell me) until I had started on the PIC14 port for gcc, and
> went to the Microchip website for some info, and searched on "C compiler"
> and then "gcc" out of curiosity... lo and behold, the source code for their
> port.. (based on gcc 3.3, it seems).
>
> It supports "Microchip 16-bit devices: PIC24, dsPIC30F and dsPIC33F"

They are very very different from PIC14 and PIC16 and most likely
will not help you in porting gcc to PIC14 and PIC16.

By the way, you can built C30 under Linux. Just check the archive.
According to Microchip, it is not legal to use the library/header files/
linker scripts from the C30 package with the self-built C30 compiler
under Linux.
http://forum.microchip.com/tm.aspx?m=139510
http://forum.microchip.com/tm.aspx?m=139360

Regards,
Xiaofan
Now there's a blast from the past... I haven't heard/thought of Fortran
77 since '92.