gnupic: Thread: Re: [gnupic] Converting MPLAB stuff to SDCC?

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: [gnupic] Converting MPLAB stuff to SDCC?
From: "Xiaofan Chen" ####@####.####
Date: 26 May 2006 08:34:45 +0100

On 5/25/06, Florian Echtler ####@####.#### wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> a colleague at work and I are looking into using SDCC for our PIC
> development. I've tried to build some Microchip MPLAB examples with
> SDCC, but this hasn't worked very well so far. What potential problems
> should I look for? (e.g. SDCC doesn't use #pragma code..)
>
> Thanks, Yours,
>  Florian

I do not know there is a migration guide. Maybe you can ask in the
sdcc user list.

There is a note on how to convert CCS C to SDCC. But I know
CCS C is very different from C18.
http://particle.teco.edu/software/sdcc/sdccmigration.html

By the way, what is the reason for the conversion?

Regards,
Xiaofan
> I do not know there is a migration guide. Maybe you can ask in the
> sdcc user list.
Ah, thanks, I didn't think of that yet.

> There is a note on how to convert CCS C to SDCC. But I know
> CCS C is very different from C18.
> http://particle.teco.edu/software/sdcc/sdccmigration.html
Thanks, this is already quite helpful, at least for the basics.

> By the way, what is the reason for the conversion?
We're working at a university, so our budget is limited :-)
However, the code examples from Microchip are quite useful,
and I thought of that as a good way to learn about SDCC.

Yours, Florian

[Content type application/pgp-signature not shown. Download]
From: "Xiaofan Chen" ####@####.####
Date: 26 May 2006 14:53:18 +0100

On 5/26/06, Florian Echtler ####@####.#### wrote:

> > By the way, what is the reason for the conversion?
> We're working at a university, so our budget is limited :-)

MPLAB C18 student version is free and it does not have much limitation. The
only limitation is code optimization. It also works under Linux with Wine.

> However, the code examples from Microchip are quite useful,

Yes they are!

> and I thought of that as a good way to learn about SDCC.

I see.

Regards,
Xiaofan