gnupic: Thread: Re: [gnupic] error building gpsim extra graphic_lcd module

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 2 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: [gnupic] error building gpsim extra graphic_lcd module
From: Scott Dattalo ####@####.####
Date: 23 May 2006 16:57:34 +0100

Xiaofan Chen wrote:
> I just found out there are some extra modules not built at the
> same time with gpsim. I have problem with the graphic_lcd module.

<snip>

> /usr/local/include/gpsim/ValueCollections.h:299: error: there are no
> arguments to 'rpl_malloc' that depend on a t emplate parameter, so a
> declaration of 'rpl_malloc' must be available

Hi Xiaofan,

I suspect that when you build gpsim that you don't see this error,
correct? The line in question is type casting a call to malloc().
However, I don't see that stdio.h has been included. So, could you try
adding:

   #include <stdio.h>

At the top of ValueCollections.h and see if this makes the error go
away? Or maybe a more expedient check would be to add a #include
<stdio.h> is sed.cc before the point where gpsim/ValueCollections.h is
included.

Also, I think this inlined code needs to be moved to a file. I'm pretty
sure that the graphics LCD module is not making use of it.

Scott
> > I just found out there are some extra modules not built at the
> > same time with gpsim. I have problem with the graphic_lcd module.
>
> <snip>
>
> > /usr/local/include/gpsim/ValueCollections.h:299: error: there are no
> > arguments to 'rpl_malloc' that depend on a t emplate parameter, so a
> > declaration of 'rpl_malloc' must be available
>
> Hi Xiaofan,
>
> I suspect that when you build gpsim that you don't see this error,
> correct?

Yes there are no errors when building gpsim.

>The line in question is type casting a call to malloc().
> However, I don't see that stdio.h has been included. So, could you try
> adding:
>
>    #include <stdio.h>
>
> At the top of ValueCollections.h and see if this makes the error go
> away? Or maybe a more expedient check would be to add a #include
> <stdio.h> is sed.cc before the point where gpsim/ValueCollections.h is
> included.

Thanks for pointing out the cause.

<stdio.h> is included in the file sed1520.cc but not ValueCollections.h.

It turns out that we need to include <malloc.h> under Linux. So if
I add
        #include <malloc.h>
to the file ValueCollextions.h and the building will be okay, I hope this
is the correct fix. I also think this may break Windows so conditional define
may be necessary.

Regards,
Xiaofan