gnupic: Thread: can't 'make' picprg

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: can't 'make' picprg
From: "Maxim Wexler" ####@####.####
Date: 19 Jul 2006 22:06:05 +0100

Hi group,

I decided to put aside the serial programmer and try the parallel type at

www.finitesite.com/d3jsys/

But I couldn't configure the software, picprg2.3d,  which Byron Jeff links
to on his site.

It fails right away:

####@####.#### make
cc -I/lib/libncurses -O2 -Wall -pipe -g   -c -o picprg.o picprg.c
In file included from picprg.c:73:
picprg.h:7:20: error: curses.h: No such file or directory
In file included from picprg.c:73:
picprg.h:68: error: syntax error before '*' token
picprg.h:69: error: syntax error before '*' token
<...>

Here's the top of the Makefile. I changed the include line to reflect the
only place ncurses appears on my machine. I'm using ubuntu breezy with
2.6.12 kernel

#
# Makefile for PIC Programmer
#
# The /usr/include/ncurses include path is needed so that the curses.h
# include will find the right files for ncurses
#
ifeq ($(strip $(CC)),)
  CC = gcc
else
  CC:=${CC}
endif

#CFLAGS    = -I/usr/include/ncurses -O2 -Wall -pipe -g
CFLAGS= -I/lib/libncurses -O2 -Wall -pipe -g
LDFLAGS = -lmenu -lncurses
LIBS    = -lncurses

PICOBJS    = picprg.o lowlvl.o pichex.o

all:        picprg

<...>

Is there a fix? Does Jeff's programmer work with other software?

-Maxim