gnupic: Thread: Re: [gnupic] gpsim : User Defined Processor Names

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: [gnupic] gpsim : User Defined Processor Names
From: Scott Dattalo ####@####.####
Date: 18 Jul 2006 21:30:22 +0100

polly wrote:
> Hello,
>   Is it possible to define the (new) processor id
> from the command line ?

Yes. For the code in SVN you can write:

gpsim> load mysource.cod U1

And this will assign the processor the name 'U1'. This will then allow
you to write to the processor attributes:

gpsim> U1.xpos = 300.0  # move the chip over in the breadboard window

To see a list of all attributes associated with the processor type:

gpsim> symbol U1.

(Note the '.' at the end, it's important!).

>  I seem to be having trouble with the processor name
> generated in a .stc command file, for example
> after setting up a uart in breadboard view. Is it posible
> something has not kept pace with the new processor names ?

Yes, there was a change recently. The processor name was being assigned
by gpsim whenever the processor was instantiated (i.e. the .cod file was
loaded). This was hard coded, but there was (and still is) a way to
specify the processor name prior to loading the code. Now, the main
reason for the change was not so much to remove this hard coded
behavior, but to unify the way modules (e.g. UARTS) and processors are
handled internally to gpsim.

Scott