gnupic: Thread: Re: [gnupic] using Byron Jeff's TLVProgrammer

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: [gnupic] using Byron Jeff's TLVProgrammer
From: Byron A Jeff ####@####.####
Date: 16 Dec 2006 17:25:52 +0000

On Sat, Dec 16, 2006 at 10:04:09AM -0700, Maxim Wexler wrote:
> Hi group,

Hi,

> Planning to use this programmer w/ pkp and 16f88 chip on a breadboard.

I believe there's a report of it working with pkp (that's the console app for
pikdev right?)

> .pkprc gives the settings for a "classical Tait programmer"; do these apply
> for the TLVP. Any caveats; I don't want to let the smoke out 8(

You won't let any smoke out I don't think. I find that you really need
to doublecheck the settings to make sure they are attached to the correct pins
and that the polarity is correct.

> For starters I'll try something simple like blinking a LED.

Drop me a line here or in my forum if you have any problems. I believe I have
an alpha version of picprog that works with the 16F88 too if you have any issues
with pkp.

Finally when you do get it working can you post a report to the forum? Thanks.

BAJ