gnupic: Thread: Re: [gnupic] real vs simulated for 16f88

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 2 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: [gnupic] real vs simulated for 16f88
From: Scott Dattalo ####@####.####
Date: 18 Dec 2006 23:14:36 +0000

Maxim Wexler wrote:

> However in gpsim only RA0 to RA5 become active outputs. Why not RA6 and
> RA7?
> Furthermore, RA5, according to the PDF, can never be an output and doubles
> as MCLR.

I took a look at this and you're correct. gpsim has two bugs here! I'll
fix these shortly. (If it is going to take a while, then I'll let you
know. I'm currently in the middle of developing an I2C host controller
module. This has turned out to be more difficult than I had expected.)

> Also another questions arises: How do I activate it safely if the code
> expects to see an output where I plan to insert a reset button to start the
> thing?

Probably the best alternative (at the moment) is to type 'Reset' at the
command line. This will reset the chip.

Scott