gnupic: Thread: Re: [gnupic] Microchip Forum now has a Linux and Open Source Projects Sub-forum

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: [gnupic] Microchip Forum now has a Linux and Open Source Projects Sub-forum
From: Jeff ####@####.####
Date: 11 Mar 2007 15:51:17 +0000

On Sun March 11 2007 05:59, Xiaofan Chen wrote:
> http://forum.microchip.com/tt.aspx?forumid=182

Cool! I just registered.

Thanks for the info,
Jeff
From: sheshu ####@####.####
Date: 14 Mar 2007 02:21:30 +0000

hi where can i get pic bootloaders for linux which could support upto pic18f
series
specifically pic18f7622

From: Byron A Jeff ####@####.####
Date: 14 Mar 2007 08:43:29 +0000

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 06:19:20PM -0800, sheshu wrote:
> hi where can i get pic bootloaders for linux which could support upto pic18f
> series
> specifically pic18f7622

Well bootloaders generally are not OS specific. The host application may be
though.

Off the top of my head I would think that Wouter's ZPL could do the job.
His host application is written in Python and only requires the Python
serial.py module to do its work. You can find ZPL here:

http://www.circuitcellar.com/flash2002/honorable.htm

Hope this helps,

BAJ
I saw your Email address, and have a question:  Are you in Atlanta?  Me
too.

Rob  (administrator of the new Microchip User Discussion Forum - Linux and
Other Open Source Projects)

Byron A Jeff ####@####.####
03/14/2007 04:42 AM
Please respond to gnupic

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 06:19:20PM -0800, sheshu wrote:
> hi where can i get pic bootloaders for linux which could support upto
pic18f
> series
> specifically pic18f7622

Well bootloaders generally are not OS specific. The host application may
be
though.

Off the top of my head I would think that Wouter's ZPL could do the job.
His host application is written in Python and only requires the Python
serial.py module to do its work. You can find ZPL here:

http://www.circuitcellar.com/flash2002/honorable.htm

Hope this helps,

BAJ

> I saw your Email address, and have a question:  Are you in Atlanta?  Me
> too.

I am.

BAJ