gnupic: Thread: Re: [gnupic] [PIC] Piklab 0.14.0

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: [gnupic] [PIC] Piklab 0.14.0
From: Jeff ####@####.####
Date: 4 Mar 2007 21:05:30 +0000

On Sun March 4 2007 12:16, Nicolas Hadacek wrote:

> I would like to announce the release of Piklab 0.14.0.
> More information at http://piklab.sourceforge.net.

You might want to check with sourceforge. The file can't be downloaded.

Jeff

From: Dan Andersson ####@####.####
Date: 4 Mar 2007 22:59:18 +0000

On Sunday 04 March 2007 21:07:50 Jeff wrote:
> On Sun March 4 2007 12:16, Nicolas Hadacek wrote:
> > I would like to announce the release of Piklab 0.14.0.
> > More information at http://piklab.sourceforge.net.
>
> You might want to check with sourceforge. The file can't be downloaded.
>
> Jeff

Tested, wrks OK.

BUT! What OS version do you try to download?

//Dan

--
Dan Andersson, M0DFI
####@####.####

From: Jeff ####@####.####
Date: 5 Mar 2007 00:09:01 +0000

On Sun March 4 2007 14:58, Dan Andersson wrote:

> Tested, wrks OK.
>
> BUT! What OS version do you try to download?

What difference could that possibly make?

When the link is clicked to download the file, the connection times out after
a few minutes. On the fifth or sixth attempt, it finally succeeded. Many
(most?) people aren't going to attempt to download five, six, or more times.
They'll assume it's broken (and it is) and forget about it.

As a former boss of mine used to say "It doesn't matter who's at fault, if our
customer has a problem, we have a problem." Sourceforge has a problem. If I
were the author of piklab, I'd be concerned about that.

Jeff

From: Owen ####@####.####
Date: 5 Mar 2007 20:59:51 +0000

On Sun, 4 Mar 2007 13:07:50 -0800
Jeff ####@####.#### wrote:

> On Sun March 4 2007 12:16, Nicolas Hadacek wrote:
> >
> > I would like to announce the release of Piklab 0.14.0.
> > More information at http://piklab.sourceforge.net.
> >
> You might want to check with sourceforge. The file can't be downloaded.

Which mirror were you trying to access?

Did you try another mirror?

No problems off the au mirror

Owen