gnupic: Thread: Re: [gnupic] Where to find supported PIC devices list in certain gputils package?

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: [gnupic] Where to find supported PIC devices list in certain gputils package?
From: "Mark Rages" ####@####.####
Date: 1 May 2007 04:23:20 +0100

gpasm -l

--
Mark Rages, Engineer
Midwest Telecine LLC
From: soliton ####@####.####
Date: 1 May 2007 05:23:00 +0100

Hello Mark,

Thanks for your tips :|

> gpasm -l

I am sorry for my ignorance, usually I use MPLAB ASM. Now I try gpasm
because I want to get my sdcc to work :) It depends on gpasm.
I am sure had been looking for the gpasm option list, but I did not know how
I miss the -l swich :|.

I could not see 16f88x in my gpasm -l list, therefore the conslusion is my
current gpasm does not support these chips, although the .inc and .lkr files
are included. Any clue or reference on how to add 16f88x chips support to
gpasm?

--
soliton
From: "Mark Rages" ####@####.####
Date: 1 May 2007 05:44:13 +0100

On 4/30/07, soliton ####@####.#### wrote:
> Hello Mark,
>
> I could not see 16f88x in my gpasm -l list, therefore the conslusion is my
> current gpasm does not support these chips, although the .inc and .lkr files
> are included. Any clue or reference on how to add 16f88x chips support to
> gpasm?

Some ideas:

- Look for the link "Feature request" at http://gputils.sourceforge.net/

- Compile for another, similar processor that is supported.  The code
will probably work on your target processor.  You'll want a similar
processor with the same memory map.  microchip.com has a nice
comparison chart.

- Add the processor description line in libgputils/gpprocessor.c in
the gputils source.  I haven't done this myself, but it looks like
libgputils/gpprocessor.h has a description of the fields necessary.  I
would start by copying the line from a similar processor.

Regards,
Mark
markrages@gmail
--