gnupic: Thread: gputils-0.13.5

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: gputils-0.13.5
From: "David Barnett" ####@####.####
Date: 13 Jul 2007 17:45:31 +0100

It's time to plan for a new release of gputils.

There isn't much point in a code freeze, since I'm the only developer committing changes. I'm not sure whether release candidates or snapshots will be necessary either.

Here's a list of significant changes that will definitely be in the release:
- new processors: 10f22[02], 16f610, 16f88[23467], 18f1[23]30, 18f[24][45]j10, 18f[24]68[25], sx48, sx52
- fixed bug causing the '$' (current address) operand to sometimes create a duplicate label
- added CONFIG and pageselw directives
- added support for new COFF format (produced by MPASM) in gpvo
- allow empty arguments in macro invocations
- gpasm now warns for program memory overflow even in absolute mode
- slightly improved some forward reference limitations
- gpasm returns non-zero for bad arguments

These features might be in the release:
- support for new COFF format in gpasm and gplink
- support for some unsupported arguments in macro invocations, including whitespace in arguments
- (less likely) fixed #v substitution support

Each of the extra features would probably add somewhere from a few days to a week or two to the release date. Those features will almost certainly be in the following release, which I hope to put together several months later and should include several other significant changes.

Anyone interested in the release date, release plan, or possible features please comment.

David Barnett