gnupic: Thread: Re: [gnupic] Scope

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: [gnupic] Scope
From: Robert Pearce ####@####.####
Date: 1 Jul 2007 17:06:03 +0100

Hi Tobias,

> how can use the oscilloscope of gpsim?
> (I'm using a svn-snapshot of June 12th).
>
> I tried to use the right button in the right area of
> the Scope.  There I am able to enter a
> node name. If I enter a nonexisting node I get an error
> on stdout. If I enter an existing node, the prompt
> field disapears.
>
> I tried to use the attach command to attach the
> scope.ch0 node to porta1. No success.

The built-in scope doesn't entirely work how you'd expect. In particular, it does not present any nodes, so you can't attach to it. This is especially confusing for those of us who had used the old oscilloscope module which did work that way...

Anyway, the inability to add a signal with a right click in the gui is a bug, which will probably be sorted at some point. Meanwhile, the correct syntax for the command line is:

scope.ch0 = "portc6"
scope.ch1 = "portd0"
scope.ch2 = "portd1"
scope.ch3 = "portd2"

As you'd expect, this sets up four channels monitoring bit 6 of port C and the bottom three bits of port D (the project I took it from uses a 16F871). It connects to processor pins, not nodes. So for your case, you want:

scope.ch0 = "porta1"

HTH
Rob
From: Tobias Schlottke ####@####.####
Date: 2 Jul 2007 07:58:44 +0100

On Sun, 1 Jul 2007, Robert Pearce wrote:
..

> Anyway, the inability to add a signal with a right
> click in the gui is a bug, which will probably be
> sorted at some point. Meanwhile, the correct syntax
> for the command line is:
>
> scope.ch0 = "portc6"
> scope.ch1 = "portd0"
> scope.ch2 = "portd1"