gnupic: Thread: Problem with large udata section.

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Problem with large udata section.
From: "Jon Philpott" ####@####.####
Date: 31 Aug 2007 10:11:33 +0100

Hi all,

I'm trying to define a udata section that's pretty large, > 1024
bytes, however, when i try this:

                udata
bitfield        res     BITFIELD_SIZE
memory_area     res     1024
foo_area        res     2

with this linker script:

ACCESSBANK NAME=accessram  START=0x0            END=0x7F
DATABANK   NAME=gpr0       START=0x80           END=0xF7F
ACCESSBANK NAME=accesssfr  START=0xF80          END=0xFFF          PROTECTED

at link time I get:
error: no target memory available for section ".udata"

However, if i change memory_area to be res 512, or even res 900, it works fine!

I'm using a PIC18F4620 that has 3967 bytes of ram available, so I
decided to create one large access bank section (I know this isnt the
most ideal method..)

Is this a bug? Or am I missing some vital piece of information?

Thanks,
Jon Philpott.