gnupic: Thread: Re: [gnupic] OT-syntax highlighting in vim

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: [gnupic] OT-syntax highlighting in vim
From: "David Barnett" ####@####.####
Date: 10 Aug 2007 03:17:16 +0100

On 8/9/07, Maxim Wexler ####@####.#### wrote:

> Hi group,
>
> Anybody here use vim and know how to turn on syntax highlighting for
> gpasm.asm files in a non-gui frame-buffered console.

I'm not positive what you're asking for, but I think typing ':setf pic'
under vim will do what you need. If you use vim primarily for the project,
you can add some kind of 'filetype' directive to the top of the actual file
so vim can tell what kind of file it is, but I don't use it so I forget the
exact syntax. I believe there's also a way to make vim assume the .asm
extension is a Microchip asm file, but again I'm fuzzy on the details. If by
gpasm.asm files, you're specifically referring to gpasm special directives
and such, I don't know of any pre-made solution, but the 'pic' filetype will
get you close.

David Barnett
> I'm not positive what you're asking for, but I think typing ':setf pic'
> under vim will do what you need. If you use vim primarily for the project,
> you can add some kind of 'filetype' directive to the top of the actual
> file
> so vim can tell what kind of file it is, but I don't use it so I forget
> the
> exact syntax. I believe there's also a way to make vim assume the .asm
> extension is a Microchip asm file, but again I'm fuzzy on the details. If
> by
> gpasm.asm files, you're specifically referring to gpasm special directives
> and such, I don't know of any pre-made solution, but the 'pic' filetype
> will
> get you close.

Yes, that's much better, thanks! BTW, I meant actual assembler files such as
are compiled using gpasm. By 'syntax highlighting' I mean what you get when
you edit the assembler section of .nanorc. All the purty colors.

Maxim