gnupic: Thread: Re: [gnupic] Adding/Submitting new devices

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: [gnupic] Adding/Submitting new devices
From: Peter Stuge ####@####.####
Date: 18 Oct 2007 00:43:58 +0100

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 11:21:15AM -0700, Noel Henson wrote:
> How does one submit new processor additions to gputils?

Send a patch to this mailing list I guess?

//Peter
From: "Xiaofan Chen" ####@####.####
Date: 18 Oct 2007 00:49:16 +0100

On 10/18/07, Noel Henson ####@####.#### wrote:
> Hey, everyone.
>
> How does one submit new processor additions to gputils? I've added the
> 16f506 and will be adding the 16f630. I'd like for them to be part of the
> standard distribution.

Try the CVS version first. I believe 16F630 is supported long time ago.

Xiaofan
From: "Xiaofan Chen" ####@####.####
Date: 18 Oct 2007 00:53:29 +0100

On 10/18/07, Noel Henson ####@####.#### wrote:
> Hey, everyone.
>
> How does one submit new processor additions to gputils? I've added the
> 16f506 and will be adding the 16f630. I'd like for them to be part of the
> standard distribution.

http://gputils.cvs.sourceforge.net/gputils/gputils/header/
16F630 is supported 3 years ago and 16F506 is supported
1 year ago. What is the distribution you are using?

Xiaofan
http://mcuee.blogspot.com
On Wednesday 17 October 2007, Xiaofan Chen wrote:
> On 10/18/07, Noel Henson ####@####.#### wrote:
> > Hey, everyone.
> >
> > How does one submit new processor additions to gputils? I've added the
> > 16f506 and will be adding the 16f630. I'd like for them to be part of
> > the standard distribution.
>
> http://gputils.cvs.sourceforge.net/gputils/gputils/header/
> 16F630 is supported 3 years ago and 16F506 is supported
> 1 year ago. What is the distribution you are using?
>
> Xiaofan
> http://mcuee.blogspot.com

I see that the 16f630 has been added. I still don't see the 16f506 (which
is very new) in there. I'm using gputils 0.13.4.

Noel

  Noel Henson
  www.noels-lab.com	Chips, firmware and embedded systems
  www.vimoutliner.org	Work fast. Think well.

> On Wednesday 17 October 2007, Xiaofan Chen wrote:
> > On 10/18/07, Noel Henson ####@####.#### wrote:
> > > Hey, everyone.
> > >
> > > How does one submit new processor additions to gputils?
Best option: log in on SF.net and submit a patch to the gputils bug
tracker. You could also open a feature request and attach the patch
there. Those are much easier to track down later than if you sent it to
the mailing list.

> > > I've added the 16f506 and will be adding the 16f630. I'd like for
> > > them to be part of the standard distribution.
> >
> > http://gputils.cvs.sourceforge.net/gputils/gputils/header/
> > 16F630 is supported 3 years ago and 16F506 is supported
> > 1 year ago. What is the distribution you are using?
> >
> > Xiaofan
>
> I see that the 16f630 has been added. I still don't see the 16f506
> (which is very new) in there. I'm using gputils 0.13.4.
You do have the newest release and the 16f506 isn't in any release or
CVS yet, so we can use your patch. gputils is very far behind on
releases, so in general you'll want to update to the latest CVS version
before fixing bugs and check that they're still present. I know CVS
stinks...I plan to switch to SVN right after this release for
simplicity's sake.

David Barnett
From: "Xiaofan Chen" ####@####.####
Date: 18 Oct 2007 10:41:47 +0100

On 10/18/07, David ####@####.#### wrote:
> You do have the newest release and the 16f506 isn't in any release or
> CVS yet, so we can use your patch. gputils is very far behind on
> releases, so in general you'll want to update to the latest CVS version
> before fixing bugs and check that they're still present.

Ah you are right. Even though the headers for 16F506 is there
but the chip itself is not supported by either the release version
and the CVS version.

> I know CVS
> stinks...I plan to switch to SVN right after this release for
> simplicity's sake.

Good idea. The other major projects for PICs like
gpsim/sdcc/piklab have all switched to SVN.

Xiaofan