gnupic: Thread: Re: [gnupic] gputils CVS->SVN

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 2 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: [gnupic] gputils CVS->SVN
From: Alain PORTAL ####@####.####
Date: 28 Oct 2007 19:48:34 +0000

Le dimanche 28 octobre 2007, David a écrit :
> Good news! We're finally getting gputils migrated to SVN like I keep
> promising.
>
> Sourceforge says it can take anywhere from 1-3 hours to 24 depending on
> project size and how many other projects are in the queue, but unless
> I've made a stupid mistake like put the trunk/ contents at the top
> level (or the opposite, made a trunk/trunk), expect to see it up by 9pm
> GMT on Mon 29 Oct.

SVN Repository is already avaliable ;-)

I posted two patches for man pages on the tracker
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=41924&atid=431667
Please, could you commit its?

Regards,
Alain
--
Les pages de manuel Linux en français
http://manpagesfr.free.fr/

[Content type application/pgp-signature not shown. Download]
From: Borut Razem ####@####.####
Date: 28 Oct 2007 21:15:30 +0000

David wrote:
> Good news! We're finally getting gputils migrated to SVN like I keep
> promising.
>
> Sourceforge says it can take anywhere from 1-3 hours to 24 depending on
> project size and how many other projects are in the queue, but unless
> I've made a stupid mistake like put the trunk/ contents at the top
> level (or the opposite, made a trunk/trunk), expect to see it up by 9pm
> GMT on Mon 29 Oct.
>
> I apologize it's taken this long, but hopefully now we can bring gputils
> into a new generation of development and a new level of quality.
>
> David Barnett

Great!

My first observations: object files pageselw2.o and sx.o in
gpasm\testsuite\gpasm.project\objfiles have wrong svn properties svn:eol-
style=native, svn:keywords="Author Date Id Revision, svn:executable=*.
They should be removed and the property
svn:mime-type=application/octet-stream should be added.

This is not a problem on Linux, but it is on Windows, since LFs (0x0a)
are converted to CR LF (0x0d 0x0a) in object files.

Borut
> > Good news! We're finally getting gputils migrated to SVN like I keep
> > promising.
> Great!
>
> My first observations: object files pageselw2.o and sx.o in
> gpasm\testsuite\gpasm.project\objfiles have wrong svn properties
Fixed in SVN (r495).

Out of curiosity, how did you discover the problem? Did you go looking
for it or did it bite you?

Thanks for pointing it out.

David Barnett
> I posted two patches for man pages on the tracker
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=41924&atid=431667
> Please, could you commit its?
Fixed in SVN (r497,498).

Thanks for being on top of things and sending these changes in so
quickly, guys.

David Barnett
>>> Good news! We're finally getting gputils migrated to SVN like I keep
>>> promising.
>>>
>> Great!
>>
>> My first observations: object files pageselw2.o and sx.o in
>> gpasm\testsuite\gpasm.project\objfiles have wrong svn properties
>>
> Fixed in SVN (r495).
>
> Out of curiosity, how did you discover the problem? Did you go looking
> for it or did it bite you?

I manually checked the svn properties of each file...

Just joking :-) . I just checked out the svn snapshot on Windows and
recursively compared all files with the cvs version, and the problem
popped out by itself.

Borut