gnupic: Thread: Re: [gnupic] piklab-prog - crash while programming a 12F510

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: [gnupic] piklab-prog - crash while programming a 12F510
From: "Xiaofan Chen" ####@####.####
Date: 1 Oct 2007 00:21:07 +0100

On 10/1/07, Scott Dattalo ####@####.#### wrote:

> It's been a while, but I'm starting to do some Pic stuff again. I've had
> an ICD2 for a long time, but haven't needed it until now. But, since my
> PicStart+ doesn't support the 12F510 it looks like it's time for me to
> switch over. I downloaded piklab from SVN, built it and installed it. So
> far so good. I also successfully read a .hex file from my target device. I
> also successfully erased the target device. However when I program the
> target, it fails:
>
> $ piklab-prog --version
> piklab-prog: version 0.14.5 (rev. 2220)
> Qt: 3.3.7
> KDE: 3.5.5-0.2.fc6 Fedora-Core
> Piklab Programmer Utility: 0.14.5
>
> $ piklab-prog -c program -p icd2 -d 12F510 angio.HEX
> piklab-prog: version 0.14.5 (rev. 2220)
> Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the
> authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based
> authentication failed
> programmer: icd2
> device: 12F510
> Using port from configuration file.
> ASSERT: "mask" in pic_memory.cpp (282)
>
> Any ideas on how to get around this?

I also encountered crashes under rev 2220 when writing when
testing the PICDEM FS USB bootloader under
GUI mode. piklab-prog does not crash but not working with writing.

In the mean time, you could try three things.
1) run with --max-debug option and capature the error messages.
It might work if it is really the DEBUG problem.
2) update to rev 2221 and then built it with debug option. Again
it might work.
./configure --enable-debug=full
3) downgrade to release version

I do not have a proper ICD2 to test this. Another suggestion is
to get a PICkit 2. PICkit 2 works better with the base line PICs
and the 12F629/675/16F630/676 and other PICs which require
Vpp earlier than Vdd. ICD2 does not control Vdd and often have
problems with these PICs. piklab and pk2 support PICkit 2 V1.x
firmware.

Xiaofan
> $ piklab-prog -c program -p icd2 -d 12F510 angio.HEX
> piklab-prog: version 0.14.5 (rev. 2220)
> Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the
> authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based
> authentication failed
> programmer: icd2
> device: 12F510
> Using port from configuration file.
> ASSERT: "mask" in pic_memory.cpp (282)

Could you update to the latest version, recompile, and test again?

Regards,
Nicolas
> Could you update to the latest version, recompile, and test again?

Hi Nicolas,

The latest version works perfectly!

Thanks,
Scott