gnupic: Thread: Re: [gnupic] Fwd: pk2cmd for Linux and Mac

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: [gnupic] Fwd: pk2cmd for Linux and Mac
From: "Renato Caldas" ####@####.####
Date: 15 Jul 2008 17:34:28 -0000

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 9:40 AM, Xiaofan Chen ####@####.#### wrote:
> [...]

I'm not sure what's the problem, but I can't get it to work. I've
tried compiling it manually and using the binary version, and I always
get:

$ pk2cmd -p<device> -I
Could not find device <DEVICE>

I'm running a x86_64 linux distro, and the previous version of pk2cmd
works. I've tested with a pic18f2685 and a pic18f25k20. And yes, I've
updated the firmware to v2.31..

Cheers,
  Renato Caldas

> Thanks,
> Jeff

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 6:34 PM, Renato Caldas
####@####.#### wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 9:40 AM, Xiaofan Chen ####@####.#### wrote:

Nevermind that, I was specifying the device as -p18f2685 instead of
-ppic28f2685. It used to work, but now it doesn't.. Anyway, problem
solved. Sorry for the fuss..

  Renato

> Cheers,
>  Renato Caldas
>
>> Thanks,
>> Jeff

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 1:45 AM, Renato Caldas
####@####.#### wrote:
>> I'm running a x86_64 linux distro, and the previous version of pk2cmd
>> works. I've tested with a pic18f2685 and a pic18f25k20. And yes, I've
>> updated the firmware to v2.31..
>
> Nevermind that, I was specifying the device as -p18f2685 instead of
> -ppic28f2685. It used to work, but now it doesn't.. Anyway, problem
> solved. Sorry for the fuss..

Glad that you get it to work. You might have confused pk2cmd with
pk2. pk2cmd uses the full name of the PIC12/16/18/24/32/dsPIC.

Xiaofan
> On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 1:45 AM, Renato Caldas
> ####@####.#### wrote:
>>> I'm running a x86_64 linux distro, and the previous version of pk2cmd
>>> works. I've tested with a pic18f2685 and a pic18f25k20. And yes, I've
>>> updated the firmware to v2.31..
>>
>> Nevermind that, I was specifying the device as -p18f2685 instead of
>> -ppic28f2685. It used to work, but now it doesn't.. Anyway, problem
>> solved. Sorry for the fuss..
>
> Glad that you get it to work. You might have confused pk2cmd with
> pk2. pk2cmd uses the full name of the PIC12/16/18/24/32/dsPIC.

I haven't, I double checked. But it could have been a non-official
version, I don't remember where I downloaded it from..

Btw, I can't get it to program the pic18f25k20. It fails to verify the
very first address.. I'm powering the circuit from the pickit2, it
could be that.. I'll have to check.

Cheers,
  Renato