nanogui: Thread: GrCopyArea failing with PixMap Source

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: GrCopyArea failing with PixMap Source
From: Simon Wood ####@####.####
Date: 18 Aug 2000 09:11:50 -0000

Hello,
Whilst mucking around I've notice a problem with GrCopyArea.... when I copy from a PixMap to a visible window it fails if the visible destination window is not at location (0,0). I suspect there's something funny about only having one window as GrCopyArea seems to function in other code I have.

The reason for the failure is the protection code in GbBlit (in engine/devdraw.c). GdClipArea seems to return 'CLIP_PARTIAL' (although the destination is the only window!!) and as a result dx, dy check fails and it bombs out of the function.

My temporary fix was to force 'CLIP_PARTIAL' to use the same Blit code as 'CLIP_VISABLE', but this would totally disable any clip detection.

Who's the man...... (Shaft flashback!).... who knows this part of the code, or can someone give me some pointers?
Simon Wood

:
: Who's the man...... (Shaft flashback!).... who knows this part of the code, or
can someone give me some pointers?

Simon,
    Thanks for the bug tip.  I'll take a look at it; there were initially
issues with source clipping in this area when I added the dx,dy check.
Could you send me a quick piece of sample code?