nanogui: Thread: Microwindows 0.88patch1 released for ViewML, CVS

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Microwindows 0.88patch1 released for ViewML, CVS
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 22 Aug 2000 08:11:59 -0000

I have prepared a patched distribution to v0.88 that is required
to support the ViewML browser on top of Microwindows,
which is available at:

ftp://microwindows.org/pub/microwindows/microwindows-0.88patch1.tar.gz

In addition, the Microwindows development tree is
now available from a public CVS.  Following are the
instructions for gaining access:

export ####@####.####
cvs login
(use password: guest)
cvs co microwin

In addition to adding support for transparent color
image display for ViewML, the following was added:

Added right/left portrait mode mouse coordinate changes,
allowing operation on iPAQ with touchscreen support.  When
compiled with portrait mode, running the Nano-X server with
the -N option reverts to non-portrait mode at startup.

Added window id parameter to GrInjectKeyboardEvent
for Century Software's port of Scribble to Microwindows.
This allows Scribble to remember the last window with
focus and send keystrokes to that window.  Century
Software will be releasing Scribble as a GPL'd
Nano-X application, rather than adding it to the
Microwindows distribution directly (MPL license
issues).

Fixed the Nano-X window manager screen flicker
when dragging windows.  I'm about to make bigger
changes to the window manager for better support
of applications running on PDAs (such as the iPAQ).

Various small bug fixes.

Following is the complete ChangeLog:
Version 0.88patch1 - 21st August 2000 - ####@####.####
 * temp hack scribble to window #2, remove srvutil.c id!=1 hack
 * fixed nanowm window move flicker
 * added window id parm to GrInjectKeyboardEvent
 * added otherid to nano-X focus window events
 * fixed BOOL decl in scr_bios.c
 * add WM_NCHITTEST fix to tpcal calibrator
 * fix ADS and iPAQ touch screen drivers for kernel driver select bug
 * added right/left portrait mode mouse fixups, -N cmd line startups
 * fixed GsError with no clients core dump
 * added transparent color to MWIMAGEHDR format, GdDrawImage, GIF decode

Have fun!

> I have prepared a patched distribution to v0.88 that is required
> to support the ViewML browser on top of Microwindows,
> which is available at:
>
> ftp://microwindows.org/pub/microwindows/microwindows-0.88patch1.tar.gz
>
> In addition, the Microwindows development tree is
> now available from a public CVS.  Following are the
> instructions for gaining access:
>
> export ####@####.####
> cvs login
> (use password: guest)
> cvs co microwin

term.o: In function `WinMain':
mterm.o(.text+0x7e8): undefined reference to `image_car8'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> mterm.o(.text+0x7e8): undefined reference to `image_car8'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Additional information:
bin/sh: /cvs/graphics/microwin/src/bin/convbmp: No such file or
directory
make[2]: *** [car8.c] Error 126

$ find . -name car8.c
./mwin/bmp/car8.c