nanogui: Thread: regions

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: regions
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 20 Dec 2000 00:11:01 -0000

The region code for Microwindows builds a dynamic
array of non-overlapping rectangles which can completely
specify any set of pixels on a display surface.  Both
the Nano-X API and Win32 fully support user-based
regions as well as the visible clip region for a window.  When
a user-based region is used, it is intersected with the
window's visible clip region for the final clip region.

In addition, Microwindows' win32 API keeps up the
notion of an "update region" which is a potential subset
of the visible region that has been invalidated through
InvalidateRect or InvalidateRegion.  This additional
feature allows flicker-free redrawing for areas of a window
when a window is fully repainted but doesn't need it.

Greg,

Can a Region likes these:

-------------          ---------------
|     0     |          |       1     |
--------------------------------------
        |        2        |
        -------------------

        OR

            ----------------
            |       0      |
  -------------------------------------
  |         |              |     2    |
  |    1    |              ------------
  |         |
  -----------

       OR

And what a Region will the Global ClipRegion likes ?

Regards,

FindSun