plustek: Thread: It's alive! (was: Re: Epson 1250)

[<<] [<] Page 2 of 2 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: It's alive! (was: Re: Epson 1250)
From: Reinhard Max ####@####.####
Date: 24 Dec 2001 00:30:14 -0000

Hi,

On Sun, 23 Dec 2001 at 16:54, Gene Heskett wrote:

> Somebody running a ps2 mouse could probably clean house on a
> lockup without a reboot, but thats what I get here and I *_love_*
> this usb optical mouse.  :-)

I also had one or two USB lockups on my home machine (2.4.10), but I
didn't need to reboot. Switching over to a text console and restarting
the USB subsystem was sufficient. Even the X session survived it.

I'll be offline for two days or so.

Merry Christmas and greetings from Nuremberg,

	Reinhard

On Sunday 23 December 2001 07:27 pm, Reinhard Max wrote:
>Hi,
>
>On Sun, 23 Dec 2001 at 16:54, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Somebody running a ps2 mouse could probably clean house on a
>> lockup without a reboot, but thats what I get here and I
>> *_love_* this usb optical mouse.  :-)
>
>I also had one or two USB lockups on my home machine (2.4.10),
> but I didn't need to reboot. Switching over to a text console
> and restarting the USB subsystem was sufficient. Even the X
> session survived it.

Since its 2.4.17, and usb is compiled in, how do I go about a
restart?

>I'll be offline for two days or so.

I should be, but so far its a bit boring when theres just the 2
of you and we've about worn it out in past years. :-)

>Merry Christmas and greetings from Nuremberg,

And to you and yours, and everyone else on this list from Gene,
in Weston, West Virginia, USA!

Funny, I also have a message from the mailer daemon at
####@####.#### advising me it was bouncing the mail due
to no known users.   But you got this message thru the list as
thats the only place I sent it.  Odd...
--
Cheers, Gene

From: Reinhard Max ####@####.####
Date: 24 Dec 2001 11:50:06 -0000

Hi,

On Sun, 23 Dec 2001 at 19:47, Gene Heskett wrote:

> >I also had one or two USB lockups on my home machine (2.4.10),
> > but I didn't need to reboot. Switching over to a text console
> > and restarting the USB subsystem was sufficient. Even the X
> > session survived it.
>
> Since its 2.4.17, and usb is compiled in, how do I go about a
> restart?

I think you need to have the USB stuff as modules to be able to
restart.

> Funny, I also have a message from the mailer daemon at
> ####@####.#### advising me it was bouncing the mail due
> to no known users.  But you got this message thru the list as
> thats the only place I sent it.  Odd...

Maybe the address of one or more subscribers of the list dissappeared,
so the list software can't deliver your mails to them and you get the
bounce message.

cu
	Reinhard