plustek: Thread: UT12, 0_40_12 testing..

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: UT12, 0_40_12 testing..
From: Kyrian ####@####.####
Date: 15 Dec 2001 16:45:59 -0000

Gerhard, et al,

After following some of my own advice, I actually debugged the SANE and
Plustek stuff with its own internal debugging mechanism.

System: RedHat Linux 7.2
Kernel: 2.4.16
Plustek USB Version: 0_40_12
Sane Version: 1.0.6

I noticed one weird thing in that if you do a:

scanimage -d plustek:<device not mentioned in /etc/sane.d/plustek.conf>

Then you get a segfault just after the code calls attach() on that
device, and it's not trapped neatly.

But more in depth, enabling SANE_DEBUG_DLL and SANE_DEBUG_PLUSTEK to 12
under the above setup yields the following (I got a kernel panic, so
forgive me if I have copied this down wrong. I made sure the function
calls are the correct ones though...) when used with a device that's
correctly mentioned in the plustek.conf file, and is a correctly
configured device node:

[plustek] usbDev_ScanEnd() start = 1, park = 0
[plustek] usb_SetScanParameters()
[plustek] usb_SetScanParameters() done.
[plustek] usb_ScanBegin()
invalid operand: 0000

Then you get a load of kernel code yuck, which I didn't have time to
copy down.

Anyway, that's all folks. Hope it helps.

K.
the thing is fixed now... Will be available in build 13.
Thanks for that
   Gerhard