plustek: Genius Colorpage Vivid III

Subject: Re: Genius Colorpage Vivid III
From: Trev Jackson ####@####.####
Date: 7 Dec 2005 12:39:59 +0000

> > Hmmm,
> >
> > I'm not sure if either WINE or VMWare might be an option to do this
> > tracking here. Probably VMWARE + a tweaked Linux parport driver might do
> > the trick...
> >
> > My 2 cents
> > Gerhard
>
> Hi Gerhard
>
> When I did the i2c monitoring I used the parallel port on a second computer
> to monitor a two wire bus on my video capture card.  I thought I would
> modify the same software (lmilk-0.20 which is released under GNU GPL 2.0)
> to allow me to capture the parallel port data.
>
> I thought I would make up a special cable to connect the computer to the
> scanner with a buffer chip interfacing to the parallel port on a second
> computer to allow me to capture the data.
>
> I have not read through the plustek_pp code yet and so would be gratful if
> you would let me know which pins on the parallel port I need to monitor so
> I can sort out lmilk first and worry about doing something with the data
> later.
>
> Best Regards
>
> Trev

Hi

I'm sorry to report I am having a few problems capturing the data.

The hardware adapter I built is causing sufficient interference to cause
problems setting up the scanner although the driver does recognize there is a
scanner there and the printer connected to the scanner works 100% (under
windows).

I am now concentrating on using WINE, but have so far been having problems
installing the scanner software, I will however continue trying.

I don't have a copy of VMWARE.

Best Regards

Trev