plustek: Genius Colorpage Vivid III

Subject: Re: Genius Colorpage Vivid III
From: Trev Jackson ####@####.####
Date: 14 Dec 2005 19:20:15 +0000

> Hi
>
> I'm sorry to report I am having a few problems capturing the data.
>
> The hardware adapter I built is causing sufficient interference to cause
> problems setting up the scanner although the driver does recognize there is
> a scanner there and the printer connected to the scanner works 100% (under
> windows).
>
> I am now concentrating on using WINE, but have so far been having problems
> installing the scanner software, I will however continue trying.
>
> I don't have a copy of VMWARE.
>
> Best Regards
>
> Trev

Hi everyone

I thought I would give a progress report.

I have sort of made some progress, I couldn't get Wine to recognise the
scanner, so I am now trying QEMU.

I have had to use the CVS version for the parallel port to work, however the
Windows scanner driver is still not recognizing the scanner.

I have however enabled the debug option on the parallel port driver and have
captured the data to and from the scanner on loading the driver.

QEMU uses /dev/parport0 and I just need to figure out what is going wrong with
the data, port reporting it is in the wrong mode or whatever.  Unless it is a
speed problem hopefully I should be able to sort this out.

I haven't done any parallel port programming so first I need to figure out
what bits do what, then hopefully I should be able to work out what the data
below means, this is the start of the capture, which is actually 1216 lines
long.

addr=0x00 is data
addr=0x01 is status
addr=0x02 is control